Norah Jones Fans
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.
Norah Jones Fans

comunidad de fans hispanoamericanos y todo aquél que guste pasar por acá...

ÍndiceÍndice  GaleríaGalería  BuscarBuscar  Últimas imágenesÚltimas imágenes  RegistrarseRegistrarse  Conectarse  

ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones

5 participantes
AutorMensaje
Rolf
Encargado del piano de Norah
Rolf

Cantidad de envíos : 135

ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones Empty
MensajeTema: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptyDom Jul 26, 2009 2:22 am

lol! Good News today ! read info :

We're happy to report that after a lengthy hiatus, Norah Jones is in the studio and busy working on her forthcoming as-yet-untitled late fall album with Kings of Leon producer Jacquire King. After the release of her fine January 2007 album Not Too Late, Norah has been involved a few interesting side projects including the lead role in director Wong Kar Wai's film My Blueberry Nights (with Jude Law and Rachel Weisz). She also contributed a new song "The Story" to the film's soundtrack. (Video after the jump).

She's also been occupied with two fellow New Yorkers - singer/songwriter Sasha Dobson and bassist/singer Catherine Popper - in the trio "Puss n' Boots" (originally "Dixie Fried"), making the rounds of a few Brooklyn and Lower East Side Clubs. The musical menu for "Puss" is primarily country standards and ballads -- see pics after the jump. Recently Jones appeared on the online "Radio Happy Hour" program (kind of a hipster "Prairie Home Companion") and sang a new song "Man of Hour", a humorous ode to a four-legged friend. Check it out below. She also appears on the upcoming Willie Nelson album Classic singing a duet on "Baby It's Cold Outside" -- a reprise of sorts after working with Willie and Wynton Marsalis on their recent Two Men With the Blues project ("Come Rain or Come Shine" and "You Are My Sunshine."

Norah's new album is tentatively scheduled to drop November 24 but that date may, of course, change. Details to come.

http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/music-news-new-music/2009/7/24/on-the-radar-norah-jones.html

Bye for now , Rolf .
http://www.norahjones.biz
María
Asistente personal de Norah
María

Cantidad de envíos : 920

MensajeTema: Re: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptyMar Jul 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Wow!! That's really good news!! All that I can say is.....finally!! Will the Handsome Band be back or just Norah? scratch
Can't wait till November! Thanks a million Rolf! Very Happy
Mundo BQ
Administrador
Mundo BQ

Cantidad de envíos : 781

MensajeTema: Re: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptySáb Ago 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Is that true?? new album in november???

Woow, that would be really cool since there´s a lot of time between Not too late and now...

There's nothing about at the official web, but we have to trust the online magazzines... hehehe

See you guys!!!
vanessa
Telonero de Norah
vanessa

Cantidad de envíos : 167

MensajeTema: Re: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptyDom Ago 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Such blogs could tell you anything but nothing. But as authors normally don't want to lose their reputation, there should be quite a chance, that there is some truth in their message. Wink
http://www.myspace.com/_nasty_ness
Her89

Cantidad de envíos : 101

MensajeTema: Re: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptyMar Ago 04, 2009 10:34 am

Great!! vi esto por ahí y pasé a ver si estaba publicado acá jaja Very Happy
que lindo un disco nuevo para este año! afro
saludos chicos
Rolf
Rolf

Cantidad de envíos : 135

MensajeTema: Norah Jones to Release New Album in November 2009   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptySáb Ago 22, 2009 10:58 am

It's now official see link www.norahjones.com
Looking forward to hear this CD !! Don't you guys ? ,Have a nice weekend till next time , Rolf .

Multiple Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Norah Jones will release her fourth studio album on Parlophone / Blue Note Records this November. Jones wrote nearly all of the songs in the past two years since completing tours in support of her 2007 global chart-topping, U.S. double-platinum album Not Too Late.

Beloved by fans for her sultry vocals and jazz-informed, piano-driven pop songwriting, Jones has taken a new direction on the as-yet-untitled album, seeing it as a chance to experiment with different sounds and an opportunity to work with a new set of collaborators, including Jacquire King, a noted producer and engineer who has worked with Kings of Leon, Tom Waits, and Modest Mouse among others. Jones also enlisted several songwriting collaborators, including Ryan Adams and Okkervil River’s Will Sheff, as well as her frequent partner Jesse Harris.

“I knew I wanted to try some different things on this album,” Jones says. “I’d been playing with the same musicians for a long time. We’re all still friendly and I hope we play together again, but it felt like a good time to work with new people and experiment with different sounds. As far as a producer, I wanted someone who could take me out of my comfort zone and find the right musicians to capture what I wanted to do with this collection of songs. I got in touch with Jacquire initially because he engineered one of my favourite records of all time, Tom Waits’ Mule Variations. He was really eager to do it and we got along really well, which was important.”

King helped Jones put together a new group of musicians to perform on the album, including drummers Joey Waronker (Beck, R.E.M.) and James Gadson (Bill Withers), keyboardist James Poyser (Erykah Badu, Al Green), and guitarists Marc Ribot (Tom Waits, Elvis Costello) and Smokey Hormel (Johnny Cash, Joe Strummer). Jones and King tailored the songs to the musicians’ strengths. “I think the record sounds different due to the variety of musicians we used,” Jones says, “I knew I wanted to play with grooves more than I have on previous albums. Some of these new songs lent themselves to having driving rhythms underneath.”

Another noticeable change on Jones’ upcoming album is that she plays mostly guitar. “I actually write more on guitar than I do on piano,” she says. “It just felt more natural for me to play it on these songs.”
http://www.norahjones.biz
Her89

Cantidad de envíos : 101

MensajeTema: Re: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptySáb Ago 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Buenísimo!!! cheers cheers Thanks Rolf!!!! cheers

También está la próxima aparición de Norah:
The second annual Watermill Summer Concert will bring together three exceptional artists on an outdoor stage at the laboratory for performance founded by Robert Wilson. Martha Wainwright will showcase material from her new project of rare Edith Piaf songs, a collaboration with Hal Willner. Rufus Wainwright and Norah Jones, two of today's most beautiful and celebrated pop voices, will sing together for the first time. The show, Last Song of Summer, will take place at 5:00 pm on Saturday, August 29th.

Y Jamie Cullum también saca disco en noviembre!! jejeje jocolor

Ojala vengan todos a sudamerica!! jaja afro
María
Asistente personal de Norah
María

Cantidad de envíos : 920

MensajeTema: Re: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones EmptyMar Ago 25, 2009 7:35 am

Thank you both guys!! Very good news for us!

Long wait for the upcoming cd until November but in the meantime we have the Watermill Summer Concert which looks great as well! Cool
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones   ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones Empty

ON THE RADAR: Norah Jones
Página 1 de 1.